Old 02-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Rashkae

Default OT Was: Old style security models

Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Chris G wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 07:24:22PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
>>> On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 17:32 +0000, Chris G wrote:
>>> "passwd -l root"
>> Yes, it's easy enough to do ... but it does break a couple of
>> things. ... - it's difficult.
>
> Twenty years ago everyone used cheques for money transfer.
>
> You can still [technically] use cheques, but ... - it's difficult.

It is? I think you would be surprised at how much even the financial
services world still revolves around those old fashioned things. (Or by
money transfer, do you mean point of sale purchase?)

*Disclaimer* Our financial services industry here in Canada might be
considered a bit... quaint, by some.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Shizzle Cash

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Rashkae <ubuntu@tigershaunt.com> wrote:

Paul Sladen wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Chris G wrote:

>> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 07:24:22PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:

>>> On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 17:32 +0000, Chris G wrote:

>>> "passwd -l root"

>> Yes, it's easy enough to do ... but it does break a couple of

>> things. ... - it's difficult.

> Twenty years ago everyone used cheques for money transfer.

> You can still [technically] use cheques, but ... - it's difficult.

It is? I think you would be surprised at how much even the financial

services world still revolves around those old fashioned things. *(Or by

money transfer, do you mean point of sale purchase?)

*Disclaimer* *Our financial services industry here in Canada might be

considered a bit... quaint, by some.
Fortunately for you Canadians that "quaintness" mitigated a lot of the damage to your banks brought on by the "financapocalypse".* Not saying you were completely spared, but you're in a better place than a lot of countries because of that.