Old 02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
Paul Sladen

Default Old style security models (was: Another reason to prefer a real root over sudo)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Chris G wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 07:24:22PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 17:32 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> > "passwd -l root"
> Yes, it's easy enough to do ... but it does break a couple of
> things. ... - it's difficult.

Twenty years ago everyone used cheques for money transfer.

You can still [technically] use cheques, but ... - it's difficult.

-Paul

(We'll have ignore the United States in this example).
--
Why do one side of a triangle when you can do all three. Somewhere, GB.