Old 02-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Paul Sladen

Default Shared secrets (was: Another reason to prefer a real root over sudo)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009, Chris G wrote:
> I have just installed xubuntu 8.10 on my wife's machine (to replace XP).

Would you expect your PIN to active your wife's ATM card?

(If it let you, it'd be massively broken).

-Paul

PS. ...it'd be even more broken if a magic PIN activated every
bank machine in that city [aka, a shared root password].
--
Why do one side of a triangle when you can do all three. Somewhere, GB.