Old 02-02-2009, 12:41 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Default Nothing serious to report

It appears that today users, of Ubuntu have either got it working to
their satisfaction, or have gone back to Windows where they came from.
The number of Grub and Video hardware questions has gone way down.

Must be about time to start a new version.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-02-2009, 01:54 PM
mike

Not all of us come from windblows i also run Debian on my other box

Old 02-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Robert Parker

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

> It appears that today users, of Ubuntu have either got it working to
> their satisfaction, or have gone back to Windows where they came from.
> The number of Grub and Video hardware questions has gone way down.
>
> Must be about time to start a new version.

Actually the various Linux distros have become so easy to install and
use that they nearly killed the monthly meeting of MLUG (Melbourne
Aust). Once upon a time we had meetings of 30 to 40 folks most of them
with installation issues. It dropped down to 6 - 10 hard core guys who
like to Xen and MythTV etc. OTOH I am now in Chiang Mai Thailand and
meet with a computer group weekly. The first hour is devoted to
getting rid of malware from Windows. At the end of that we split 3
ways, Mac users, Linux users, and those who want to depart and
continue with their hobby interest in virus scanning Windows. The
Linux users group has grown to 6 active (all with some 'buntu or
another) and 3 or 4 who want to know more. Someone said I had sold
Linux well but no MS have done that job for me.

Bob
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!