Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Ubuntu User (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/)
-   -   enabling repositories without synaptic (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/23851-enabling-repositories-without-synaptic.html)

Donald Raikes 12-28-2007 01:19 AM

enabling repositories without synaptic
 
hello,

Since synaptic is not a ccessible using orca, is there another way to
enable all the repositories for apt-get?

Along the same lines is there a way to enable updates since the updates
manager is also not accessible?


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Corey Bettenhausen 12-28-2007 02:15 AM

enabling repositories without synaptic
 
Donald Raikes wrote:
> hello,
>
> Since synaptic is not a ccessible using orca, is there another way to
> enable all the repositories for apt-get?
>
> Along the same lines is there a way to enable updates since the updates
> manager is also not accessible?
>
Synaptic is just a GUI frontend to various commandline apt programs.
Apt repositories are listed in /etc/apt/sources.list. You can just add
entries to this file using your text editor of choice. To get any
available updates, from a terminal type:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

For more information, 'man apt-get'.
-Corey

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

NoOp 12-29-2007 01:49 AM

enabling repositories without synaptic
 
On 12/27/2007 06:19 PM, Donald Raikes wrote:
> hello,
>
> Since synaptic is not a ccessible using orca, is there another way to
> enable all the repositories for apt-get?
>
> Along the same lines is there a way to enable updates since the updates
> manager is also not accessible?
>
>

Yes.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/CommandLine

gksu /etc/apt/sources.list

You can modify to whatever your requirements are.



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Peter Garrett 12-29-2007 08:42 AM

enabling repositories without synaptic
 
On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:49:11 -0800
NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 12/27/2007 06:19 PM, Donald Raikes wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > Since synaptic is not a ccessible using orca, is there another way to
> > enable all the repositories for apt-get?
> >
> > Along the same lines is there a way to enable updates since the updates
> > manager is also not accessible?
> >
> >
>
> Yes.
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories/CommandLine
>
> gksu /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> You can modify to whatever your requirements are.

I'm sure NoOp meant

gksu gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

:-)

--
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net
Screenshots slideshow: http://inx.maincontent.net/album/1.png.html
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

NoOp 12-29-2007 07:11 PM

enabling repositories without synaptic
 
On 12/29/2007 01:42 AM, Peter Garrett wrote:

>
> I'm sure NoOp meant
>
> gksu gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> :-)
>
>

And you'd be right - thanks :-)


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:52 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.