Old 02-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Jason

Default Simple Backup question

Hi,

I'm using Simple Backup to backup my files. It will create a full
backup first then only backup files that have been changed.

My question is that how to restore the files? For example, I have a
full backup on Jan 1. I changed file A and B on Jan 2 and 3, so there
are incremental backup on Jan 2 and 3, containing A-new and B-new. If
I restore from Jan 3's incremental backup in Simple Backup Restore, I
will get A-new or A?

Thanks!

--
Jason

Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Jay Ridgley

Folks,

I use simple backup to backup my systems.

I noticed that if I run simple backup on more than one system in a 24 hour
period that the first one is a full backup and the others are incremental
backups. If I perform the backups 2 days or more apart each is a full backup.

Is this a bug or is it a design deficiency?

I am using 10-04.4 LTS systems (four of them). The target is a network drive
that is mounted on each of the systems. The directory is named /big_archive

All systems are configured:

General:
Manual Backups only

Include:
/var/, /home/, /usr/local/, /etc/

Exclude: (Note: The lists below are on separate lines not separated by commas)
Paths - /proc/, /big_archive/, sys/, /tmp/, /var/cache/, /proc/, /var/temp/
File types - mp3, avi, mpeg, mpg, mkv, ogg, ogm, tmp
Regx - /home/[^/]+?/.thumbnails/, /home/[^/]+?/.Trash,
/home/[^/]+?/..+/[cC]ache, /home/[^/]+?/.gvfs

Max size: Do not backup files bigger than 95 Mb

Destination:
Use custom local backup directory
/big_archive (this is the network drive directory I am using)

Time:
Do backups never

Do a full backup at least once every 1 days

Purging:
Enable purging of old and incomplete backups

Simple cutoff: Erase all backups older than 365 days

End of configuration

Thanks,
Jay
--