Old 12-27-2007, 10:39 PM
NoOp

Default FMJ - Sun Java JMF

Fed up with Sun Java's JMF and lack of MP3 support on linux

http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/mp3/download.html
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/reference/faqs/index.html
<quote>
Q: What media types does JMF 2.1.1 support?

JMF 2.1.1 supports a wide array of media types, including

* protocols: FILE, HTTP, FTP, RTP
* audio: AIFF, AU, AVI, GSM, MIDI, MP2, MP3*, QT, RMF, WAV
* video: AVI, MPEG-1, QT, H.261, H.263
* other: HotMedia

*MP3 is supported only on the Windows platform.

For a complete set of formats, check out:
http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/formats.html
</quote>

I am attempting to install and use FMJ instead:
http://fmj-sf.net/

Anyone here use FMJ, along with FFMPEG-Java, and successfully installed
and got it working on Ubuntu (7.10)? If so, can you offer any advise on
how install it properly to get it working? I keep running into:

WARNING: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException

Old 12-29-2007, 01:45 AM
NoOp

On 12/27/2007 03:39 PM, NoOp wrote:
> Fed up with Sun Java's JMF and lack of MP3 support on linux
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/mp3/download.html
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/reference/faqs/index.html
> <quote>
> Q: What media types does JMF 2.1.1 support?
>
> JMF 2.1.1 supports a wide array of media types, including
>
> * protocols: FILE, HTTP, FTP, RTP
> * audio: AIFF, AU, AVI, GSM, MIDI, MP2, MP3*, QT, RMF, WAV
> * video: AVI, MPEG-1, QT, H.261, H.263
> * other: HotMedia
>
> *MP3 is supported only on the Windows platform.
>
> For a complete set of formats, check out:
> http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/formats.html
> </quote>
>
> I am attempting to install and use FMJ instead:
> http://fmj-sf.net/
>
> Anyone here use FMJ, along with FFMPEG-Java, and successfully installed
> and got it working on Ubuntu (7.10)? If so, can you offer any advise on
> how install it properly to get it working? I keep running into:
>
> WARNING: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException

Nobody? Surely we must have a few java experts here...

Old 01-01-2008, 12:41 AM
NoOp

On 12/28/2007 06:45 PM, NoOp wrote:

> Nobody? Surely we must have a few java experts here...

Apparently not...

I finally did get the mp3plugin from Sun to work. W/apologies to Sun in
thinking that the mp3plugin would only work on Windows, here is my
update from the OpenOffice list trying to explain how I got it to work
on 7.10:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.questions/170562

Anyone with scripting knowledge here that can take all of that and make
an easy script to do it?

Happy New Year & Best Wishes to all Ubuntu'ers!

Gary