Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 PM
"Gregory Zill"

Default dual-screen two-desktop feisty open-office prob

When I open an OpenOffice document it always goes to monitor number one, even when opening from monitor two. I would like to figure out a way to open to a monitor of my choosing or at least stay on the monitor from whence I opened document for side-by-side stuff. Any advice appreciated.

Dell 820
Ubuntu 7.04 KDE
--
The computer you are using has no brain,
therefore you must use your own.

Gregory W Zill, MBA, CISSP

Old 12-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Karl Auer

On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 16:36 -0600, Gregory Zill wrote:
> When I open an OpenOffice document it always goes to monitor number
> one, even when opening from monitor two. I would like to figure out a
> way to open to a monitor of my choosing or at least stay on the
> monitor from whence I opened document for side-by-side stuff. Any
> advice appreciated.

If you have one desktop (xinerama) it opens wherever the window
placement algorithm says it should - top left if there is space, which
is usually on the left-hand monitor, which is usually the first monitor.

If you have two desktops, it will open wherever OO is already open, if
OO is already open. Otherwise it will open on the desktop used to invoke
it. Which means you can't haev windows open on two desktops :-(

At least that's been my experience on bith Dapper and Feisty. Not used
Gutsy yet.

Regards, K.