Old 01-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Wade Smart

Default Ubuntu 7.10 on Ultrasparc T2 based system (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 server)

J K Rai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We seek guidance/suggestion/help if it is possible for you to provide.
>
> We have been trying installing Ubuntu 7.10 on Ultrasparc T2 based
> system (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 server) since long time.
>
> But the installation hangs in the beginning itself. We searched on net
> for the same but could not succeed.
>
> Can we install and run Ubuntu 7.10 on Ultrasparc T2 based bare system
> (Sun SPARC Enterprise T5220 server) or does it require one to configure
> logical domain on machine (i.e having hypervisor on machine and install
> and run Ubuntu 7.10 as a guest OS).
>
> Any suggestion / guidance in this regard will be of great help to us.
>
> Thanking you,
> With regards,
> JK

20090131 0839 GMT-5

I might be wrong about this but, I think it was stated some time back on
this list that you have to use the Alternate Install Disk when
installing on Sun equipment.

Wade

--
Registered Linux User: #480675