Old 01-30-2009, 03:22 PM
"Nouduri, Rama"

Default Wmware anyone ?

I am a new installer VM WARE on RED-HOT LINUX ..

I need to know all from down loads ....

I tried one week and failed ... as I do not know step - by -step method to install VM Ware on LINUX on a personal DELL Power Edge Server 2600 ..

Please reply this OR call me at (857)472-2024

Rama

Old 02-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Alex Katebi

You first mistake is using RED-HOT LINUX. Switch to Ubuntu. RED-HOT has lots of features but most of them don't even work. I guess that is not so important to them.

Then download vmware server and untar it. Then run the install perl program that they give you as root. Make sure you have your kernel source installed using apt.