Old 01-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Doug Twyman

Default PCMCIA eSATA Card Dysfunction

Chuck, did you ever have any luck with this , or any clues ? im using* s SiI 3512 pcmcia - eSata card and the same Nextar 3 with no luck either .......

thank doug twyman

Good Morning or Evening (depending on your global location)

I have a Dell Latitude D620 with a new Gutsy install that refuses to
recognize and use a Rosewill RC604 eSATA PCMCIA card. I have checked
that pcmciautil is installed. When inserted, the card lights up
initially but the drive does not automount (120 GB Seagate drive in a
NexStar-3 enclosure using the USB cable for power). I would really like
to get this working but have run out of ideas or things to check. Any
ideas?

Many Thanks!
Chuck Dombek
"No trees were killed for this message but several electrons were
greatly inconvenienced"