Old 01-31-2009, 02:07 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Default What I

Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> I d/l the latest and got a version 1.5.3 and it works fine. Even
>> supplied the driver for the latest Hardy kernel.
>>

>> Karl
>>

> Hummm... 1.5.3 still works? No bugs?
>
> Must be a vintage edition... circa Dec 2007, a Synaptic rarity...
>
> It isn't available at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds
> any more.
>
> Maybe you would like to check http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog
> to find what changed since then.

What I did was goto www.vitualbox.org and there they said what to get
for Hardy. I d/l it with atp-get and this is what I got! It works and
that is all I can say.

I still think dual boot Windows and Ubuntu is easier.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 01-31-2009, 02:14 AM
NoOp

On 01/30/2009 07:07 PM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
>> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>>
>>> I d/l the latest and got a version 1.5.3 and it works fine. Even
>>> supplied the driver for the latest Hardy kernel.
>>>

>>> Karl
>>>

>> Hummm... 1.5.3 still works? No bugs?
>>
>> Must be a vintage edition... circa Dec 2007, a Synaptic rarity...
>>
>> It isn't available at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds
>> any more.
>>
>> Maybe you would like to check http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog
>> to find what changed since then.
>>
> What I did was goto www.vitualbox.org and there they said what to get
> for Hardy. I d/l it with atp-get and this is what I got! It works and
> that is all I can say.
>
> I still think dual boot Windows and Ubuntu is easier.
>
> Karl

Karl,

Please start your own thread regarding your VirtualBox install (or not).
I think that Linda has enough threads going already regarding trying to
use her sewing machine.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:39 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi

Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
>
>> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>>

>>> I d/l the latest and got a version 1.5.3 and it works fine. Even
>>> supplied the driver for the latest Hardy kernel.
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> Hummm... 1.5.3 still works? No bugs?
>>
>> Must be a vintage edition... circa Dec 2007, a Synaptic rarity...
>>
>> It isn't available at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds
>> any more.
>>
>> Maybe you would like to check http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog
>> to find what changed since then.
>>

> What I did was goto www.vitualbox.org and there they said what to get
> for Hardy. I d/l it with atp-get and this is what I got! It works and
> that is all I can say.
>
> I still think dual boot Windows and Ubuntu is easier.
>
> Karl

So sorry Karl, since you yourself wrote V. 1.5.3, I couldn't help but
wander if NoOp also thought you had ended up with a piece of crap.

Peace,

L. O:-)

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.
São Paulo - Brazil

email: lmnicolosi@gmail.com
phone: 55 11 8272 6512

Linux Registered User #481505
http://counter.li.org/

Old 01-31-2009, 11:43 AM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>> Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:

>>> Hummm... 1.5.3 still works? No bugs?
>>>
>>> Must be a vintage edition... circa Dec 2007, a Synaptic rarity...
>>>
>>> It isn't available at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds
>>> any more.
>>>
>>> Maybe you would like to check http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog
>>> to find what changed since then.
>>>

>> What I did was goto www.vitualbox.org and there they said what to get
>> for Hardy. I d/l it with atp-get and this is what I got! It works and
>> that is all I can say.
>>
>> I still think dual boot Windows and Ubuntu is easier.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> So sorry Karl, since you yourself wrote V. 1.5.3, I couldn't help but
> wander if NoOp also thought you had ended up with a piece of crap.
>
> Peace,
>
> L. O:-)

I did the version number by memory which was jaded. The actual thing
I have installed is "VirtualBox Grafical User interface Version
1.5.6_OSE" and it is fine. I have not installed Windows because I have
no reason to ever want windows. And if I ever want windows I do have it
dual booted with Grub.

Karl

ps: I did load the windows after I had several Linux versions loaded.

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User