Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 PM
James Devine

Default Custom Image

I am creating a custom image using the 8.04.2 image as a starting point and I've run into a couple of issues.

One is that I cannot seem to find an option that will select English from the beginning menu.* These are the options I've tried with many variations:

d-i languagechooser/language-name select English
d-i countrychooser/shortlist select US
d-i console-keymaps-at/keymap string us
d-i languagechooser/language-name select English
d-i languagechooser/language-name-fb select English

d-i languagechooser/language-name-ascii select English
d-i debian-installer/locale select en_US
d-i debian-installer/language select en
d-i pkgsel/language-packs select en
d-i pkgsel/language-pack-patterns select en

d-i pkgsel/install-language-support select en
d-i debian-installer/country select US
d-i debconf/language select en
d-i apt-setup/country select United States
d-i countrychooser/shortlist-en select US
d-i localechooser/supported-locales select en_US

The other is that I am trying to install subversion using pkgsel/include preseed option.* I was able to install tcsh fine this way by copying the dep file into the pool/extras folder.* I used apt-cache show subversion to determine the dependencies, copied those dep files into the extras folder but the install step fails and I don't see a way to find out why it failed.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:08 PM
James Devine

I solved my second question, I thought I was working from a hardy installation to pull the dependency sources from but it was intrepid, I switched to a hardy and that seemed to work.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the beginning list to auto-choose english for me.