Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Robert Parker

Default Init script

I want to run a script at boot time at the end of all other
initialisation. What is the generally accepted way to do this?
I notice I have /etc/rc.local which presently does nothing except
return 0. That is invoked by /etc/init.d/rc.local

Thanks Bob Parker
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!

Old 01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
Smoot Carl-Mitchell

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 03:06 +0700, Robert Parker wrote:
> I want to run a script at boot time at the end of all other
> initialisation. What is the generally accepted way to do this?
> I notice I have /etc/rc.local which presently does nothing except
> return 0. That is invoked by /etc/init.d/rc.local

Yes, that is where to put it.
--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell
Computer Systems and

Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Robert Parker

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Smoot Carl-Mitchell <smoot@tic.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 03:06 +0700, Robert Parker wrote:
>> I want to run a script at boot time at the end of all other
>> initialisation. What is the generally accepted way to do this?
>> I notice I have /etc/rc.local which presently does nothing except
>> return 0. That is invoked by /etc/init.d/rc.local
>
> Yes, that is where to put it.

Thank you.

Bob
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!