Old 01-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Philippe Didier

Default Professional Network Office copier

Hi,

I am looking for a compatible network black-white office
printer/scanner/fax with Ubuntu. I am not speaking about small
all-in-one, but really big copier (15000 copies/month) used in a company
with 100 staffs.

Finding a copier is not a problem (Konica/Fujixerox have many), but I
would like to know if any have ever acces this kind of copier with
network, because some copiers need authentification, and it could be a
problem with Linux (from what I have read) ...

Any successful story about it ?

Thanks for your feedback.

(Copier example : Konica Bizhub / Fujixerox Document Centre)

--
Philippe

Old 01-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Guy Thouret

I connect fine to a Konica/Minolta bizhub (I forget the specific model).

I didn't need any fancy drivers as the copier/printer supports so many different methods of printing over an IP network.

I can even use features like full duplex.

Guy.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Brian McKee

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Philippe Didier
<pdidier@neptuneconcept.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a compatible network black-white office
> printer/scanner/fax with Ubuntu.

More of a negative report - I would not recommend the Canon Image
Runner series (at least the smaller end of the scale) as they are not
Linux friendly, and the interface isn't very friendly either.

Out of curiosity - why a copier? When we last looked, you could get
two higher end MFC printer/scanner/fax units from HP or Lexmark etc.
for the price of a copier and have lots of money left over. Price per
page didn't seem too bad either. Just curious if the numbers worked
out differently for you guys....

Let us know where you end up if you can.

Brian

Old 02-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Philippe Didier