Old 12-27-2007, 03:29 PM
"Rajiv Vyas"

Default Screen blanks out 7.10

If I open too many programs (right now I am running firestarter,
OpenOffice, Firefox, Google Desktop and Evolution) then new windows I
open in OO, Evolution or a new program starts blanking out. So, for
instance, when I was trying to reply to a message in Evolution, the
reply window was dark and I couldn't see anything. The same thing
would happen if I opened a text document in OO or for that matter
Gedit. Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Old 12-27-2007, 04:14 PM
"Ashley Benton"

I think it could come of your CPU, check your CPU when it happens and see if it is at full capacity. If yes just close a few windows everything should be OK
Good luck
Meg

On Dec 27, 2007 11:29 AM, Rajiv Vyas <

Old 12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
"Rajiv Vyas"

Thanks. The CPU is running at between 21% and 43%. And there aren't
that many windows open to begin with. In 7.04, 6.10, 6.04 and as back
as 5.04, I had twice the number of programs and windows open and it
worked fine. I am guessing that this is probably related with all the
eye candy features that's locking up memory.

Thanks,

Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 PM
"Ashley Benton"

It is possible I don't use the eye candy features any more because I had the same trouble, slow working and kind of freezing, I guess my computer would need more upgrades to be able to run everything. Now I use only the desktop effects and as many windows or programs that I want. The only problem is with the gimp then my CPU goes up and I have to be careful to not open too many things at the same time to not freeze the gimp.

Good luck
Meg