-   -   Placing an image on the GNOME background (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/23542-placing-image-gnome-background.html)

Bill Moseley 12-27-2007 02:30 PM

Placing an image on the GNOME background

In simpler times, I had a script I stared in .xsession that simply did
this every few minutes:

GET http://sv.berkeley.edu/view/images/current_view.jpg
| display -window root -geometry +1650+000 -

Which was a black background with the image off to the right on my
IceWM desktop.

I have moved to a new machine with a display size of 3280 x 1200.
I like my current desktop background image, but I have plenty of room
so I'd like to add a few images that update often also on the desktop.
But, I want them to be in a fixed position and without any window
decorations.

Any suggestions?

--
Bill Moseley