FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Alain Muls
 
Default conky and cpu temp

Hi All

I started to use conky and found an example .conkyrc file.
In it I have a line for displaying the temperature

${acpitemp}C ${alignr}(${cpu cpu1}%)

but it always displays 0C, what should I install/setup to get the CPU
temperature?

Tx/Alain
--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alain MULS alain.muls@telenet.be
CISS-GENA +32.2.7426340
Renaissance Avenue 30
1000 BRUSSELS - Belgium
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org
Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-26-2009, 01:48 PM
"Mark Haney"
 
Default conky and cpu temp

Alain Muls wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I started to use conky and found an example .conkyrc file.
> In it I have a line for displaying the temperature
>
> ${acpitemp}C ${alignr}(${cpu cpu1}%)
>
> but it always displays 0C, what should I install/setup to get the CPU
> temperature?
>
> Tx/Alain

Do you have lmsensors installed and configured? Do you know if the
config file points to the right location to display the temperature?

For example, mine is /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature. Yours
may be in a different location, but somewhere in /proc.

Check to see if there is any temperature info in /proc and go from there.


--
Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 01-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Derek Broughton
 
Default conky and cpu temp

Mark Haney wrote:

> Alain Muls wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I started to use conky and found an example .conkyrc file.
>> In it I have a line for displaying the temperature
>>
>> ${acpitemp}C ${alignr}(${cpu cpu1}%)
>>
>> but it always displays 0C, what should I install/setup to get the CPU
>> temperature?
>
> Do you have lmsensors installed and configured? Do you know if the
> config file points to the right location to display the temperature?

lmsensors and acpi temperature are completely independent. lmsensors finds
no sensors at all on my laptop (so its not installed), but I can still get
the cpu temp from acpi
>
> For example, mine is /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature. Yours
> may be in a different location, but somewhere in /proc.

It should always be /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/*/temperature, but you're right
that the name of the thermal zone depends on your system's BIOS (DSDT
actually). Mine's THR1





--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:16 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org