Old 12-26-2007, 10:29 PM
"Don Raikes"

Default ubuntu orca and other synthesizers

Hello,
*
I am running gutsy gibbon on my desktop system. A
while ago I had purchased the ttsynth (ibm viavoice) synthesizer to use on
fedora.
*
Now I would like to install it into
ubuntu.
The problem I am having is that it is missing a lot
of dependencies.* things like libm.so libpthread, and about a dozen
others.
*
Any good way to know what packages I need to
install using apt-get?
*
I come from a yum-based world, so apt-get is a
little unfamiliar.