Old 01-20-2009, 04:11 AM
Brian Agas

Default help to install!

hi guys!

i'm very new to linux.* i wanted to change from vista to linux. however, my new laptop (hp pavilion dv5) does not want me to do that.

in the course of the installation in the screen, it says:

udevd-event[1410]: run_program: '/sbin/modprobe' abnormal exit

BusyBox v.1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu12) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built in commands.

(initramfs)

Share videos while chatting with your friends on messenger.
Now you can with the all-new Yahoo! Messenger. --

Old 01-21-2009, 01:46 AM
NoOp

On 01/19/2009 09:11 PM, Brian Agas wrote:
> hi guys!
>
> i'm very new to linux. i wanted to change from vista to linux.
> however, my new laptop (hp pavilion dv5) does not want me to do
> that.
>
> in the course of the installation in the screen, it says:
>
> udevd-event[1410]: run_program: '/sbin/modprobe' abnormal exit
>
> BusyBox v.1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu12) Built-in shell (ash) Enter
> 'help' for a list of built in commands.
>
> (initramfs)

Are you still getting BusyBox? Googling for 'ubuntu +"pavilion dv5"'
typically only shows that intrepid runs ok on the dv5 with the exception
of an ATA exception.

<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2B%22pavilion+dv 5%22>