Old 01-19-2009, 04:59 PM
"Denzel"

Default I can't get my 8.1version of ubuntu to work.

Hi:* I installed ubuntu from a disc that I ordered from
canonical. *It partitioned my hard drive and gives me the option of
running Windows XP or ubuntu.* If I select ubuntu, I should be ready to go,
right? *But, it wants my name, which is Basil Kurutz, as ordered, and my
pass word.* Well, I only use one pass word for everything and it works fine.*
But, according to ubuntu, my name and pass word don’t match.* Tell
me how to fix this problem?* ***BASIL

Old 01-20-2009, 10:01 PM
NoOp

On 01/19/2009 09:59 AM, Denzel wrote:
> Hi: I installed ubuntu from a disc that I ordered from canonical. It
> partitioned my hard drive and gives me the option of running Windows XP or
> ubuntu. If I select ubuntu, I should be ready to go, right? But, it wants
> my name, which is Basil Kurutz, as ordered, and my pass word. Well, I only
> use one pass word for everything and it works fine. But, according to
> ubuntu, my name and pass word don't match. Tell me how to fix this problem?
> BASIL

It is looking for the _ login username_. For example, when you installed
you entered your name and username in this panel:

<http://images.howtoforge.com/images/the_perfect_desktop_ubuntu_8.10/big/8.jpg>

If you used basil, enter that. However keep in mind that the username is
case sensitive, so if you entered it in all-caps (BASIL) as you have
above, you will need to enter it that way for the login as well.

See the rest of the tutorial for more information:
http://www.how2forge.org/the-perfect-desktop-ubuntu-8.10
[note: there are 4 pages]