Old 01-18-2009, 01:03 AM
subs

Default fakeRAID drive failure rebuild procedure

I have built a fakeraid RAID 1 server, but I can't find any information
on what to do if a drive fails. Before I press it into service I must
know how to handle a failure, or else there is no point in having RAID
1. I tried simulating a failure by pulling a drive. As others have
noted, the boot process drops to a busybox shell. There is lots of info
around about setting up RAID, but nothing I can find explains how to
deal with a failure, continue working with only one disk of the array,
or rebuild with a new disk. Can anyone help?

cheers,
John