Old 01-20-2009, 02:07 AM
mark Pyles

Default Why does my system dim and go grey sometimes?

Hi everyone:

I am using Unbuntu 8.04 (gnome desktop) on a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop
and wanted to know why is it that sometimes whenever I am reviewing a
webpage or email or anything else that my screen seemss to dim and go
grey? I have 3 gigs of ram so I would have thought that would be more
than enough? Is there something I can do to fix that? Thanks.

Mark

Old 01-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Jacob Piotrowski

Check under preferences --> screen saver --> power management. One of
the options should be to dim the screen when your machine is idle. It
seems to be set to a pretty short time too!