Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Kailesh Mussai

Default edubuntu intrepid ltsp problem login with tcsh

Dear all,

We are currently working on university project concerning ltsp. We were
able to setup the server and boot a client with the default values. We
use NIS for authentication and login in with a bash, dash and zsh shell
we are able to logged in the workstation. But if a user has a csh/tcsh
shell then it seems that authentication works but he gets back the login
screen.

We troubleshooted with commenting out the /etc/csh.*, also tried kdm
instead of gdm but that too gave the same problem.

Does anyone know a fix for the C shell as most of our users use tcsh as
default?

Best,
Kailesh

Old 01-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
Am Freitag, den 16.01.2009, 19:13 -0500 schrieb Kailesh Mussai:
> Dear all,
>
> We are currently working on university project concerning ltsp. We were
> able to setup the server and boot a client with the default values. We
> use NIS for authentication and login in with a bash, dash and zsh shell
> we are able to logged in the workstation.
> Does anyone know a fix for the C shell as most of our users use tcsh as
> default?
please see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=490897 and

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20080815201358.GF12833%40ryu kin.fglan&forum_name=ltsp-developer

ciao
oli

Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Kailesh Mussai

Thank you Oliver and it's much appreciated.

Best,
Kailesh