-   -   Getting OpenCASCADE devel files (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/230203-getting-opencascade-devel-files.html)

Preston Kutzner 01-19-2009 03:41 AM

Getting OpenCASCADE devel files

On Jan 18, 2009, at 10:24 PM, Lorenzo Luengo wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get FreeCAD running on Ubunty Hardy with all the bells
and

whistles, but i found that there is something missing. There were
several dependencies that i solved using apt-get, but...

I downloaded and compiled OpenCASCADE (configure, make, make install),
but when i try to compile FreeCAD it complains with the following
warning:

configure: WARNING:
**** Cannot find OpenCASCADE devel files.
Modules that depend on this library cannot be built. ****

Does anyone know how to get these files installed?. I'm building
OpenCASCADE from tar.gz, using makefiles.

Try running ./configure --help It should spit out available options
to use while running configure. One of them should be a config line
to specify where certain libraries are if they can't be found in your
system $PATH. I'm not sure where OpenCASCADE put its libraries, but
if you can find that out, you should be able to specify where
configure should look for them when you compile FreeCAD.

Lorenzo Luengo 01-19-2009 01:07 PM

Preston Kutzner escribió:
> On Jan 18, 2009, at 10:24 PM, Lorenzo Luengo wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to get FreeCAD running on Ubunty Hardy with all the bells and
>> whistles, but i found that there is something missing. There were
>> several dependencies that i solved using apt-get, but...
>>
>> I downloaded and compiled OpenCASCADE (configure, make, make install),
>> but when i try to compile FreeCAD it complains with the following
>> warning:
>> configure: WARNING:
>> **** Cannot find OpenCASCADE devel files.
>> Modules that depend on this library cannot be built. ****
>>
>> Does anyone know how to get these files installed?. I'm building
>> OpenCASCADE from tar.gz, using makefiles.
>
> Try running ./configure --help It should spit out available options
> to use while running configure. One of them should be a config line
> to specify where certain libraries are if they can't be found in your
> system $PATH. I'm not sure where OpenCASCADE put its libraries, but
> if you can find that out, you should be able to specify where
> configure should look for them when you compile FreeCAD.
Yep... I already knew that. For compiling OpenCASCADE i had to tell it
where tcl and tk libraries were installed via command line
(--with-tcl=blahblah...)

Now I need how to install those dev files from the compiled source tar.gz

--
Lorenzo Luengo Contreras
Administrador de Sistemas DGEO

NoOp 01-19-2009 09:16 PM

On 01/19/2009 06:07 AM, Lorenzo Luengo wrote:
> Preston Kutzner escribió:
>> On Jan 18, 2009, at 10:24 PM, Lorenzo Luengo wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to get FreeCAD running on Ubunty Hardy with all the bells and
>>> whistles, but i found that there is something missing. There were
>>> several dependencies that i solved using apt-get, but...
>>>
>>> I downloaded and compiled OpenCASCADE (configure, make, make install),
>>> but when i try to compile FreeCAD it complains with the following
>>> warning:
>>> configure: WARNING:
>>> **** Cannot find OpenCASCADE devel files.
>>> Modules that depend on this library cannot be built. ****
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how to get these files installed?. I'm building
>>> OpenCASCADE from tar.gz, using makefiles.
>>
>> Try running ./configure --help It should spit out available options
>> to use while running configure. One of them should be a config line
>> to specify where certain libraries are if they can't be found in your
>> system $PATH. I'm not sure where OpenCASCADE put its libraries, but
>> if you can find that out, you should be able to specify where
>> configure should look for them when you compile FreeCAD.
> Yep... I already knew that. For compiling OpenCASCADE i had to tell it
> where tcl and tk libraries were installed via command line
> (--with-tcl=blahblah...)
>
> Now I need how to install those dev files from the compiled source tar.gz

http://www.opennovation.org/ubuntu/pool/main/opencascade/
<http://www.opennovation.org/ubuntu/pool/main/opencascade/libopencascade-dev_6.3.0.dfsg.1-2opv1_all.deb>

I have:
$ dpkg -l libopencascade-dev
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-f/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/t-aWait/T-pend
uppercase=bad)

Lorenzo Luengo 01-20-2009 01:50 AM

NoOp escribió:
> On 01/19/2009 06:07 AM, Lorenzo Luengo wrote:
>
>> Preston Kutzner escribió:

>>> Try running ./configure --help It should spit out available options
>>> to use while running configure. One of them should be a config line
>>> to specify where certain libraries are if they can't be found in your
>>> system $PATH. I'm not sure where OpenCASCADE put its libraries, but
>>> if you can find that out, you should be able to specify where
>>> configure should look for them when you compile FreeCAD.
>>>
>> Yep... I already knew that. For compiling OpenCASCADE i had to tell it
>> where tcl and tk libraries were installed via command line
>> (--with-tcl=blahblah...)
>>
>> Now I need how to install those dev files from the compiled source tar.gz
>>

> http://www.opennovation.org/ubuntu/pool/main/opencascade/
> <http://www.opennovation.org/ubuntu/pool/main/opencascade/libopencascade-dev_6.3.0.dfsg.1-2opv1_all.deb>
>
> I have:
> $ dpkg -l libopencascade-dev
> | Status=Not/Installed/Config-f/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/t-aWait/T-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:
> uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name Version Description
> +++-==============-==============-============================================
> ii libopencascade 6.3.0.dfsg.1-2 OpenCASCADE CAE platform library
> development
>
> http://www.opennovation.org/ubuntu/pool/

hmmm nice pointer... i'll give it a try and comment on next...

NoOp 01-20-2009 01:57 AM

On 01/19/2009 06:50 PM, Lorenzo Luengo wrote:
> NoOp escribió:

>> http://www.opennovation.org/ubuntu/pool/
>>

> hmmm nice pointer... i'll give it a try and comment on next...

Don't forget to explore:

http://www.opennovation.org/