Old 01-18-2009, 07:14 PM
HermanAA

Default no flashplayer on 64-bit OS(solved)

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 20:05 +0100, Loc Martin wrote:
> HermanAA wrote:
> > I recently installed the 64-bit version of Ubuntu 8.10.
> > No Flash-player yet.
>
> You can use backported 64bits Flash plugins if you're using either
> Ubuntu or Kubuntu (if you're using Firefox in Xubuntu with this plugins,
> it will crash when trying to read flash videos). They are here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/intrepid-backports/+bug/310061
>
> Please report if they work for you
>
> Loc

Thanks !!
This one did the trick. Flashplayer is working.
==quote
The new flash plugin in Intrepid has several advantages, the most
important being that it's now a native amd64 program on amd64 Ubuntu.

The package builds without source modifications, I'm attaching some
amd64 and i386 packages for people to try.

Please test them and report how they work. I could only test the amd64
version, they work fine for me.

Loc Martin wrote on 2008-12-20: (permalink)
* flashplugin-nonfree_10.0.15.3ubuntu2_amd64.deb (19.1 KiB,
application/x-debian-package)
==unquote
My '64' computer is Intel Dual D, 2.8 Ghz.
Motherboard is 'new' FOXCONN P4M9007MB recently replaced.
Old MB (FOXCONN 945GZ7MC) had a problem (disk-interface)
that prevented me to upgrade beyond 6.06LTS.problems

Herman in PHL.