Old 01-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Peter Hillier-Brook

Default Thunderbird and Lightning

I've been enjoying Ubuntu 8.10 in the AMD64 flavour for a while and I'm
very pleased with the facility to use most of the features of my
printers, which has been a show stopper with Debian and derivatives in
the past.

However I've hit a stop when trying to integrate Lightning with
Thunderbird for mail and calendar. Apparently a 64 bit version of
Lightning is required and doesn't exist (yet??).

Before I retreat to the i386 Ubuntu build, does anyone know of a
solution that would allow me to stick with 64 bits?

Thanks for any input.

Peter HB

Old 01-17-2009, 11:43 PM
myself

Peter Hillier-Brook wrote:

> However I've hit a stop when trying to integrate Lightning with
> Thunderbird for mail and calendar. Apparently a 64 bit version of
> Lightning is required and doesn't exist (yet??).
>
> Before I retreat to the i386 Ubuntu build, does anyone know of a
> solution that would allow me to stick with 64 bits?

hi!

i'm using this one:

http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/releases/0.9/contrib/linux-x86_64/

it's working well so far

myself

Old 01-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Joel Goguen

Old 01-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Peter Hillier-Brook

Joel Goguen wrote:
[cut]

>>> solution that would allow me to stick with 64 bits?
>> hi!
>>
>> i'm using this one:
>>
>> http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/releases/0.9/contrib/linux-x86_64/
>>

>> it's working well so far
>>

>> myself
>>
> I also use that one, but if you would prefer to use what's in the
> repositories you can install the 'lightning-extension' package. It's
> in the universe repository.

- --
Joel Goguen

I don't know how I missed that! Thanks to both.

Peter HB