-   -   USB thumb drive pulled and icon left on desktop - how do I remove it?? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/229536-usb-thumb-drive-pulled-icon-left-desktop-how-do-i-remove.html)

Jay Ridgley 01-17-2009 06:54 PM

USB thumb drive pulled and icon left on desktop - how do I remove it??

Folks,

Yes, I know, I did it wrong...

I did a backup to a thumb drive I had inserted in a USB port. After the
backup task completed and without thinking clearly, I simply pulled the
drive out; now the icon that indicates the 4.1 GB Media is mounted
remains. I have tried to unmount the drive that doesn't work and move it
to trash and that did not work either.

If I put the drive back in a new icon pops up and I can unmount it and
that one goes away. The other one just hangs around...

Short of logging out and back in (I am not sure that will work either,
since a user swap left it) or restarting my system how do I go about
removing this critter?

Cheers,
Jay

--