Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 PM
"Adel ESSAFI"

Default skype and sms

Hi list
I want to send SMS with skype.
I found this* extra http://www.kolmann.at/philipp/linux/skysentials/
The developper just says to have python and to have skype4py in the same directory.

I have extracted skysentiels in skype4py but I don't know how to use it.
can you help please
regards
Adel

Old 01-16-2009, 03:30 PM
"Mark Haney"

Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> Hi list
> I want to send SMS with skype.
> I found this extra http://www.kolmann.at/philipp/linux/skysentials/
> The developper just says to have python and to have skype4py in the same
> directory.
> I have extracted skysentiels in skype4py but I don't know how to use it.
> can you help please
> regards
> Adel

I'm going out on a limb here, not ever having used this app. But I
suspect that you'll need to set the script as executable (chmod a+x) and
the from that directory:

./<program name>

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

Old 01-16-2009, 08:25 PM
"Adel ESSAFI"

--
PhD candidate in Computer Science
Address * * *

BP 108, Bureau de poste Tunis republique
1001 Tunis
Tunisia
tel: +216 97 246 706
fax: +216 71 391 166

Old 01-16-2009, 08:35 PM
"Mark Haney"

Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> Hi list
> I want to send SMS with skype.
> I found this extra http://www.kolmann.at/philipp/linux/skysentials/
> The developper just says to have python and to have skype4py in the same
> directory.
> I have extracted skysentiels in skype4py but I don't know how to use it.
> can you help please
> regards
> Adel

I assume you didn't get my reply in the other mailing list you posted
this to?

I believe you need to set the executable bit on the app and then run it.
It shouldn't be any more difficult than that.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:05 AM
"Adel ESSAFI"

Hi,
I get this when I try what you suggested.

adel@yanomami:~/Skype4Py-1.0.31.0/Skype4Py$ sudo ./sms.py
./sms.py: 2: Short messaging to cell phones.
: not found
from: can't read /var/mail/utils
./sms.py: 7: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

regards
Adel

Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 AM
"Adel ESSAFI"