Old 01-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Christopher Chan

Default replacement for VLC: I dont want Qt

Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed the latest VLC is now using Qt.
> Great.

???

> Would you know another player that would support as much format out of
> the box as him, but that could have a GTK front-end?
> A player packaged for Ubuntu would be great.

Totem?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Justin

There is nothing like VLC except VLC. Everything else uses external backends and codecs whether it be gstreamer, xine, etc. I should note that while VLC does use qt4 now, it doesn't use any kdelibs or anything. The extra overhead from qt4 instead of gtk is extremely minimal.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 3:32 AM, Christopher Chan <christopher.chan@bradbury.edu.hk> wrote:

Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:

> Hi,

> I noticed the latest VLC is now using Qt.

> Great.

???