Old 01-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Doug Pollard

Default extern hard drives

HI All,
I have a dual boot system with xp and ubuntu8.04 running. I also
have two usb hard drives with media on them. I formatted them with
gparted as fat 32 with the thought that I would be able to read with
ubuntu and xp. Xp cannot see either drive. Does any one have any idea
why Xp can't see the drives. Xp is using ntfs should it be able to see
and read fat 32 drives??
Doug