Old 01-15-2009, 05:54 AM
Noah

Default mt-daapd running but not seen

Hi there,

I have mt-daapd running on my edge box, in this case the ubuntu server.
I am running a firewall on it. But even with the firewall Off I am
unable to see the box getting advertised. Therefore itunes on my other
machines are not able to see the server. Could somebody suggest ways to
troubleshoot this?

Cheers,

Noah

Old 01-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Brian McKee

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Noah <admin2@enabled.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have mt-daapd running on my edge box, in this case the ubuntu server.
> I am running a firewall on it. But even with the firewall Off I am
> unable to see the box getting advertised. Therefore itunes on my other
> machines are not able to see the server. Could somebody suggest ways to
> troubleshoot this?

Start with netstat -tulp on the server and contrast with a nmap run
from an external source....

As a starting point to make sure what you think is going on is
actually going on.

Brian