Old 01-15-2009, 12:26 AM
James Collier

Default NTFS partition: recovering deleted files

Hi everyone,
I had a bit of a panic today.
A friend of mine whom, unfortunately, doesn't use FOSS yet (Windows),
has accidentally deleted a lot of important business MYOB accounting
files.
He's started a program to recover them called "PandoraRecovery".
Sorry this is slightly off topic but I thought this would be a good
place to ask given the enormous amount of general computer experience
most of you have.
My question is: what, if anything, could be done to help him?
Thanks,

James C

Old 01-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Bart Silverstrim

James Collier wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I had a bit of a panic today.
> A friend of mine whom, unfortunately, doesn't use FOSS yet (Windows),
> has accidentally deleted a lot of important business MYOB accounting
> files.
> He's started a program to recover them called "PandoraRecovery".
> Sorry this is slightly off topic but I thought this would be a good
> place to ask given the enormous amount of general computer experience
> most of you have.
> My question is: what, if anything, could be done to help him?

Move him to Linux?

Just kidding. Sorta.

Anyway, would this work?

http://www.ntfsundelete.com/

Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 AM
James Collier

> James Collier wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I had a bit of a panic today.
> > A friend of mine whom, unfortunately, doesn't use FOSS yet (Windows),
> > has accidentally deleted a lot of important business MYOB accounting
> > files.
> > He's started a program to recover them called "PandoraRecovery".
> > Sorry this is slightly off topic but I thought this would be a good
> > place to ask given the enormous amount of general computer experience
> > most of you have.
> > My question is: what, if anything, could be done to help him?
>
> Move him to Linux?
>
> Just kidding. Sorta.
>
> Anyway, would this work?
>
> http://www.ntfsundelete.com/
Thanks Bart,
turns out everything was ok.
Apparently Window$ makes things hard, for everyone!
I'll keep on him about moving to a better system.