Old 12-25-2007, 04:34 PM

Default ENTERNET CAM

IVE ALWAYS USED PALTALK IN WINDOWS, NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN USE MY LOGIECH CAM AND IS THERE A PROGRAM THAT WILL LET ME MAKE AND EDIT VIDEO WITH THIS CAM.
THANKS
DON
USING 7.10

Old 12-25-2007, 06:49 PM
"John Toliver"

First, what model of Logitech cam do you have?* Find the model number
or code.* Then type that into a google search with the words "ubuntu",
"gutsy", or "7.10", and possibly the word "compatibility".* Then look
through your results and see what you get.*

IVE ALWAYS USED PALTALK IN WINDOWS, NEED TO KNOW HOW I CAN USE MY LOGIECH CAM
**I don't know if you will be able to use the PALTALK network from Linux...... looking at the websites reveals a windows only setup installer which means they might not support Linux.....maybe.

AND IS THERE A PROGRAM THAT WILL LET ME MAKE AND EDIT VIDEO WITH THIS CAM.

THANKS
have a look at this link for video editing in Ubuntu:
http://linux.about.com/od/ubuntu_doc/a/ubudg34t5.htm

I haven't had the need yet to do video editing so I can't speak for this but it's a start....

Hope this helps.