-   -   reportbug tries to relay through fiordland.ubuntu.com which does not work (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/227830-reportbug-tries-relay-through-fiordland-ubuntu-com-does-not-work.html)

Brian McKee 01-14-2009 07:36 PM

reportbug tries to relay through fiordland.ubuntu.com which does not work

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 1:45 AM, Matthew Flaschen
<matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu> wrote:
> John Hawkinson wrote:
>> Package: reportbug
>> Version: 3.39ubuntu3
>> Severity: important
>>
>> reportbug's default configuration attempts to send mail via a system
>> that does not accept mail, throwing away bug reports.
>
> I'm pretty sure this is an improvement. Currently, there are still a
> lot of people that think it is possible to report Ubuntu bugs through
> reportbug. If the SMTP server is disabled, they will receive no formal
> or informal response to their submissions, which will lead them faster
> to Launchpad (the real bug report system).
>
> Now granted, it would help if Bug 31508
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/31508) were fixed after almost 2
> years. But that's clearly not the only way...

Not pointed out in any of these responses is ** ubuntu-bug ** is the
new implementation of bug-buddy for launchpad.

Since I filed bug#310741 we seem to be getting some traction on
getting this fixed.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+source/reportbug/+bug/310741

HTH
Brian