Old 01-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Matthew Flaschen

Default Need help with Webdav and .gvfs

Bill Moseley wrote:
> I've got webdav setup on Apache2. I can use the Gnome file browser
> and go to:
>
> davs://<host>/path/to/webdav
>
> and I can drag files too and from my desktop to the webdav folder, for
> example.

Try the gvfs-fuse package. Then, you can use the WebDAV mount as more
of a normal filesystem.

Matt Flaschen

Old 01-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Bill Moseley

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 02:47:11PM -0500, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
> > I've got webdav setup on Apache2. I can use the Gnome file browser
> > and go to:
> >
> > davs://<host>/path/to/webdav
> >
> > and I can drag files too and from my desktop to the webdav folder, for
> > example.
>
> Try the gvfs-fuse package. Then, you can use the WebDAV mount as more
> of a normal filesystem.

I already have that package installed.

$ sudo apt-get install gvfs-fuse
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gvfs-fuse is already the newest version.

~$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 8.10

This looks odd:

$ ls -ls .gvfs/
ls: cannot access .gvfs/WebDAV on internal.hank.org: Input/output error
total 0
? ?????????? ? ? ? ? ? WebDAV on internal.hank.org

Could you point me to docs how things are *suppose* to work (and how
they fit together, perhaps). If I understood that maybe I could see
why it isn't working.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley