Old 01-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Bill Moseley

Default Need help with Webdav and .gvfs

I've got webdav setup on Apache2. I can use the Gnome file browser
and go to:

davs://<host>/path/to/webdav

and I can drag files too and from my desktop to the webdav folder, for
example.

But, I cannot edit files "in place" -- I can right-click and open in,
say, gvim, and the path might look like:

~/.gvfs/WebDav on host/user/foo.txt

Should I be able to directly open webdav files and edit and save back?
Or do I have to copy them local first?

Another odd thing is if I create a new file (right click Create
Document/Create Folder) *then* try and rename it I get an error

The item could not be renamed.
Sorr, could not rename "foo" to "bar":
The specified location is not mounted

Yes, the file *is* actually renamed on disk!

Is just just buggy gvfs or do I have something configured incorrectly?

My apache config is pretty simple:

<VirutalHost [ip]>
ServerName <hostname>

# Not sure I need the lock
DavLockDB dav/DavLock

Alias /webdav/ "/usr/local/webdav/"

<Directory /usr/local/webdav>
SSLRequireSSL
DAV on
AuthType Basic
AuthName "WebDav Storage"
AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/passwd/passwd.dav
Require valid-user

Options +Indexes
Allow from all
</Directory>