Hopefully I will become a newcomer to the world of
Linux,namely, Ubuntu 8.11
I have downloaded the software to a CD ( I think you call this an ISO).
I booted from the CD, no problem....great. I like what I saw.
Rather than partition my harddrive ( I'm using XP Professional) I would
like to install a programme called VirtualBox, why I'm not sure.
This where I need some Advice:
1. Dual boot , does this mean I can flip between Windows and Linux at
will without rebooting my computer.... or am I being very naive.
2. When I start my computer up, I presume it will give me the choice of
which programme to initially boot up
3. If, at startup I do nothing, which programme will automatically
4. I would like the default startup to be Windows until I am
comfortable with Ubuntu...if not can it be changed to Windows( remember
I'm no rocket scientist)
5. And so can I change the startup once I gain confidence using Ubuntu,
I guess number 3 above answers this question
Thank you for your patience
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users