Old 01-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Keith

Default ubuntu8.11

Hopefully I will become a newcomer to the world of
Linux,namely, Ubuntu 8.11

I have downloaded the software to a CD ( I think you call this an ISO).
I booted from the CD, no problem....great. I like what I saw.

Rather than partition my harddrive ( I'm using XP Professional) I would
like to install a programme called VirtualBox, why I'm not sure.

This where I need some Advice:

1. Dual boot , does this mean I can flip between Windows and Linux at
will without rebooting my computer.... or am I being very naive.

2. When I start my computer up, I presume it will give me the choice of
which programme to initially boot up

3. If, at startup I do nothing, which programme will automatically
startup.

4. I would like the default startup to be Windows until I am
comfortable with Ubuntu...if not can it be changed to Windows( remember
I'm no rocket scientist)

5. And so can I change the startup once I gain confidence using Ubuntu,
I guess number 3 above answers this question

Thank you for your patience

Keith