Old 01-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Brian McKee

Default setterm 'reset'

I have a script that I run from a console. I disable the screen
blanking before it starts and re-enable it afterwards so I can see
where it's at from across the room. Problem is the 're-enable screen
blanking' part doesn't seem to work.

I disable it with
/usr/bin/setterm -powersave off -blank 0
and enable it with
/usr/bin/setterm -powersave powerdown -powerdown 10 -blank 5

Anybody see what's wrong here?