Old 01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Donny George

Default failed to initialize HAL

Hello

I had a running Ubuntu 8.04 system as a client to an ldap server. ever since the ldap server has been removed(detached form the network) the client fails to boot up. the error message is displays is failed to initialize HAL.

i reset the /etc/fstab to remove the nfs to the server. i also googled on this error and saw that if a cd is kept in the cd drive the machine might boot up. but none of these came to my rescue.

my computer still doesnt boot !

could someone share their wisdom on this please ....
--
Donny George

Old 11-02-2009, 09:00 AM
spacemarc

hi all, after a message "Failed to initialize HAL" on my 9.04 and
Gnome I have no more control of mouse and keyboard.
I can only access to recovery mode from Grub.

On boot, HAL don't starts.
I tried to start before Dbus and after HAL but it don't starts.
I've also tried to /usr/lib/hal/hald-generate-fdi-cache but without success.

There are other commands that I can do? thanks

--
Scripts: http://www.spacemarc.it