Old 01-14-2009, 12:20 PM
spacemarc

Default Crash gnome-system-monitor

hi all
the gnome-system-monitor crash everytime with this messagge:

-----------------------------
gnome-system-monitor

** (gnome-system-monitor:6220): WARNING **: SELinux was found but is
not enabled.

Segmentation fault

Old 01-17-2009, 11:38 AM
spacemarc

suggestions?

--
Scripts: http://www.spacemarc.it

Old 01-17-2009, 11:49 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 14:20 +0100, spacemarc wrote:
> ** (gnome-system-monitor:6220): WARNING **: SELinux was found but is
> not enabled.
>
> Segmentation fault
> -----------------------------
>
> How can I restore it?

Do you have selinux installed and do you use it despite AppArmor being
the default in Ubuntu and doing largely the same thing for a desktop
user? If not, uninstall it.

Or maybe do the opposite and enable it.

A bug report should probably be filed against gnome-system-monitor at
Launchpad. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+filebug

Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 AM
spacemarc

2009/1/17 Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic@dantian.org>:
> Do you have selinux installed and do you use it despite AppArmor being
> the default in Ubuntu and doing largely the same thing for a desktop
> user? If not, uninstall it.
>
> Or maybe do the opposite and enable it.
>
> A bug report should probably be filed against gnome-system-monitor at
> Launchpad. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+filebug

i have removed Apparmor (Ubuntu default) and i have installed Selinux
(via Synaptic).
I type:
setenforce 0 or 1
to enable/disable it but the gnome-system-monitor doesn't works.
Now, i remove Selinux.

On Launchpad, i see a bug about this issue but is not a workaround.

How can I do?

P.S.: the gnome-system-monitor worked well until a few days ago...

--
Scripts: http://www.spacemarc.it

Old 01-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 13:49 +0100, spacemarc wrote:
> On Launchpad, i see a bug about this issue but is not a workaround.

At least it is known

> How can I do?
>
> P.S.: the gnome-system-monitor worked well until a few days ago...

I have no clue, because I have little experience with either AppArmor or
SE. You might, however, be happy to hear that according to the Jaunty
UDS Reports, SELinux will likely replace AppArmor in the next release
(Jaunty Jackalope, probable version number 9.04):
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDSJaunty/Report/Kernel