Old 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Knapp

Default SSH hacked? DenyHosts VS Fail2ban

First, I want to point out that DenyHosts has a mode to share break-in info and it is disabled by default. It also has a turned off email to the admin that would be good for me, because* never look at logs; bet that is common for most home users too. Not sure what needs to be loaded for the email to work.

So it looks like Fail2ban uses ipstables and Denyhosts does not. Not sure what that is worth.

So anyone else ??

I am sure we are all able to keep this from a flame war.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Amazon Gift Cards; let them choose!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001078FFE?ie=UTF8&tag=seattlebujinkand&linkCode=a s2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B001078FF E