Old 01-13-2009, 06:43 PM
yueyu lin

Default Is Ubuntu gonna support Mipsel ?

Hi,
** It seems that Mipsel is gonna be another power this year because Chinese CPU loongson is using the Mipsel code set. Currently the boxes and laptops based on loongson are using customized debian.* I think if ubuntu is gonna support it, it will get more Chinese users since Chinese goverment will definitely support the CPU and the computers based on it in the future. I think any chances related with China are definitely huge market.

Yueyu Lin

Old 01-13-2009, 08:02 PM
Matthew Flaschen

yueyu lin wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems that Mipsel is gonna be another power this year because
> Chinese CPU loongson is using the Mipsel code set. Currently the boxes
> and laptops based on loongson are using customized debian.

Not likely, but see http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS

Matt Flaschen