Old 01-13-2009, 06:26 PM
"H.S."

Default duplicate items for gthumb in Hardy

Hello,

On a machine running Hardy, I get two menu items or entries for gthumb
in Applications->Graphics.

If I remove the gthumb package, I am left with one item, but this
understandably does not work (it appears to lead to nothing). If I
reinstall gthumb, I get the two items again. Clicking on either one of
these starts gthumb successfully though.

The only change I recall making relevant to gthumb was to make it the
default photo import program in Hardy (instead of f-spot). Here are
steps that I followed (from
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=779363):
- cp /usr/share/applications/gthumb.desktop
~/.local/share/applications/gthumb-import.desktop
- Changed line 138 to Exec=gthumb --import-photos in the copied filed.

- and changed ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list to have
x-content/image-dcf=gthumb-import.desktop;f-spot-import.desktop;

So how do I get rid of these duplicate menu items for gthumb?

Thanks.

ever having been read.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Ray Parrish

H.S. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On a machine running Hardy, I get two menu items or entries for gthumb
> in Applications->Graphics.
>
> If I remove the gthumb package, I am left with one item, but this
> understandably does not work (it appears to lead to nothing). If I
> reinstall gthumb, I get the two items again. Clicking on either one of
> these starts gthumb successfully though.
>
> The only change I recall making relevant to gthumb was to make it the
> default photo import program in Hardy (instead of f-spot). Here are
> steps that I followed (from
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=779363):
> - cp /usr/share/applications/gthumb.desktop
> ~/.local/share/applications/gthumb-import.desktop
> - Changed line 138 to Exec=gthumb --import-photos in the copied filed.
>
> - and changed ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list to have
> x-content/image-dcf=gthumb-import.desktop;f-spot-import.desktop;
>
> So how do I get rid of these duplicate menu items for gthumb?
>
> Thanks.

On the menu is System, Preferences, Main Menu... that's the menu editor.
On my system it's also located at Applications, Other, Menu Editor.

Later, Ray Parrish

Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows