Old 01-13-2009, 02:38 AM
edju

Default Is there a program that I can download that will detect and connect my computer with any wireless networks that it detects?

On Monday 12 January 2009 22:20:58 mark Pyles wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I am running Ubuntu 8.04 (Gnome desktop) on a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop.
> Is there a program that I can download that will detect and connect my
> computer with any wireless networks that it detects? Thanks.

wicd

Old 01-13-2009, 03:19 AM
"Beau J. Bechdol"

Well NetworkManager or Wcid will detect any wireless access points and list them for you to connect to. But you have to connect to it once to save it so you can connect later. There is no way that I know of to accomplish what you want to do. It is just not feeseable.

-Beau

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 (Gnome desktop) on a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop.

Is there a program that I can download that will detect and connect my

computer with any wireless networks that it detects? Thanks.

Mark