Old 01-12-2009, 10:23 AM
"Alan E. Davis"

Default firefox and nautilus refuse my home directory with crashes

I think I have seen this before: when I try to upload a file into gmail, Firefox crashes.* When I try to access my home directory or other dependent directories, nautilus crashes silently, doesn't even start from Places.

I think it's a configuration issue, or some file in the configuration.* I've deleted .gconf and .gconfd, as well as .gnome2, completely, with no help.* So I have started copying my directory structure over to another user name that is working fine.

This started less than 24 hours ago.* Can anyone explain?

Alan
--
*

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.

*-- Bertrand Russell