Old 01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Charlie Dorff

Default How do you launch and use Lynx?

Hi...
I was wondering if someone could please explain how to launch
and use Lynx? I used the terminal to install Lynx and then looked for
Lynx in the applications menu but coudn't find it. Thank you.
Charlie

Old 01-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Kevin Jones

> Hi...
> I was wondering if someone could please explain how to launch and use
> Lynx? I used the terminal to install Lynx and then looked for Lynx in
> the applications menu but coudn't find it. Thank you.
> Charlie

Lynx is a text-based browser. Open a terminal and use the command: lynx
[options] [path or URL]

for more try: man lynx

--
This message was scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by MailScanner and was found to be clean.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:57 PM
"Michael Haney"

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Kevin Jones <kevin@intheleadllc.com> wrote:

>> Hi...
>> I was wondering if someone could please explain how to launch and use
>> Lynx? I used the terminal to install Lynx and then looked for Lynx in
>> the applications menu but coudn't find it. Thank you.
>> Charlie
>>

> Lynx is a text-based browser. Open a terminal and use the command: lynx
> [options] [path or URL]
>
> for more try: man lynx
>

> --
> This message was scanned for viruses and dangerous
> content by MailScanner and was found to be clean.
> In The Lead, LLC

Oh, and if you use Lynx in the UK to make charity donations you get
arrested for being a hacker.

That's a joke son! HAHA!

Seriously though, that actually happened to someone.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch@gmail.com

Old 01-11-2009, 09:21 PM
mark Pyles

Hi:

Here how to install Lynx:

*sudo apt-get install lynx

Then when you want to browse a particular website, at the command
prompt type: lynx www.usatoday.com (or whatever the name of the website
you want to use).

Mark