Old 12-25-2007, 01:24 AM
winter

Default ubuntu & vmware questions & more ...

Hi All, * i'm using ubuntu 7.10 on my toshiba satelite laptop with 1.6G cetrino processor, 1G RAM and 64MB nvidia graphic crd.*i used SUSE before this, but after switching frm SUSE to Ubuntu, i encounter multiple problems as below: * 1) after installation of vmware*& created a new virtue machine, it refuses to start & show the msg: Unable to change virtual machine power state: The process exited with an error: End of error message. any idea what's wrong? how can i fix it? (btw, the installation went fine). * 2) how do i adjust brightness on my laptop? the glare is killing me! - ) * 3) *can i get the file manager (nautilus) to display windows within a single window instead of* 1 window for every folder i open? * 4) any gui/ build in control of Grub for Ubuntu (something like what u have in
SUSE)? * 5) every time i login with root, the dialog box: you are login with privilage account .... prompt out. can any one tell me how to disable it? any file i can edit?? * really like to improve the exprience using Ubuntu .... hope someone can help .... * will appreatiate any of your reply/ reference*..... * thanks. * rgds, winter. * *

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.--