Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 PM
"Anu Yagati"

Default Trouble with re-starting PC after "hibernate" or "suspend" mode

Hello,

** I am a brand new user of the Ubuntu system. I have a Dell Inspiron 530 with
Ubuntu version 8.04 and GNOME desktop version 2.22.1.

* Whenever the PC goes into "Hibernate" or "suspend" state and I try to bring

it on again by pressing one of the keys on the keyboard, I get a message
that says " Video mode ---x---- not supported". This has to be followed by
holding down the power key for 20-30 seconds to switch the computer off

and turn it on again.

* How do I solve this problem?

Thanks much,
An