Old 12-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Michael

Default Scanners

Santa didn't bring me a new scanner so I am in the market for one. Does
anyone have a recommendation for a Ubuntu happy flatbed scanner, one
that also does slides, preferable USB?

And also Merry Christmas everyone.

Mike

Old 12-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Derek Broughton

Michael wrote:

> Santa didn't bring me a new scanner so I am in the market for one.

My, you're impatient. It was still Christmas Eve when you sent this. Go to
sleep, and when you wake up, there might be one under the tree.

> And also Merry Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas.
--
derek

Old 01-13-2008, 09:11 AM
"Shibu C Varughese"

greetings,

just have a look at https://help.ubuntu.com/7.10/printing/C/scanning.html

Hope you may have seen that earlier, u will do find out some help for sure.

--
shibucv [at] itmission [dot] org
True greatness is measured by how much freedom you give to others, not

Old 10-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Bill Wright

Is anyone successfully using a page scanner with Kubuntu meerkat? I have
not found SANE in the repository

Old 10-26-2010, 03:02 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:49:40 -0400
Bill Wright <pegasus@sc.rr.com> wrote:

> Is anyone successfully using a page scanner with Kubuntu meerkat? I
> have not found SANE in the repository

It's there in Universe (universe/graphics (ver. 1.0.14-9)) and working
fine on my GNOME desktop.

KDE, I dunno...

Cybe R. Wizard
Winduhs

Old 10-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Mark

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Cybe R. Wizard
<cyber_wizard@mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:49:40 -0400
> Bill Wright <pegasus@sc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone successfully using a page scanner with Kubuntu meerkat? I
>> have not found SANE in the repository
>>
> It's there in Universe (universe/graphics (ver. 1.0.14-9)) and working
> fine on my GNOME desktop.
>
> KDE, I dunno...

I also use GNOME, so this might be irrelevant or not helpful, but this
is one of the reasons I switched from CentOS to Ubuntu - Maverick
recognizes and handles both my scanners perfectly, with the simple
scan that comes with the install and with xsane, of which I have grown
rather fond.

I highly recommend xsane. Synaptic and the Software Center should both have it.

Mark